Faculty of Biology and Agricultural Engineering was founded in 1977. Together with the development of HPU and with over 40-year experiences of teaching and training, the faculty has established its credits for the excellence quality of education and training, contributing to the national k12 education as well as scientific research, technology transfer, and the development of the community.
+ Awards: The merit certificate of the Vietnam Prime Minister
Emulation Flag of the Ministry of Education and Training
+ Board of leaderships in 2017 – 2022 period
Dean: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyễn Văn Đính
Vice-dean: Main Lecturer, MA. Lưu Thị Uyên
+ Faculty’s Members: 35 people including:
- Associate Professor and Doctor: 02; Doctor: 11; MA: 18 (07 PhD candidates); Bachelor of Science: 04.
- Senior Lecturer: 02; Main lecturer: 10; Lecturer: 15; Researcher, Staff and Technician: 08.
+ Departments: 05 departments
- Department of Genetics and Biotechnology
- Department of Zoology
- Department of Botany
- Department of Biology Teaching Methodology
- Department of Agricultural Technology
- Training Areas: undergraduate and postgraduate
- Undergraduate-Majors: Biology Education and Technology Education (regular and in service)
- Postgraduate-Majors: Ecology, Experimental Biology, Zoology.
- Doctorate- Major: Plant Physiology
- Teaching Facilities:
- Modern, qualified system of classrooms and equipment (Lecture Hall A, B, C, D);
- A system of 12 laboratories at 7th and 8th floor, A4 Building with modern, synchronous equipment (AAS-Analytik, German, Optical Intensity Measurement Device), meeting the teaching and learning demand of lecturers, undergraduate and postgraduate students, as well as to fulfill the research and technology transfer tasks;
- A nearly 1000m2 area of experimental biological garden specially designed for research and experiment purposes.
- Education and Training, Research and Technology Transfer Activities
+ Education and Training
Being a part of HPU2, one of the 7 key education universities of Vietnam, Faculty of Biology and Agricultural Engineering has always pioneered in applying new solutions for ensuring and improving the quality of education and training with modern education curriculum designing to combine theory and practice in accordance with modern teaching and learning equipment as well as qualified lecturers; therefore the quality of output is always guaranteed with good students, whom are highly appreciated by employers because of their ability to adapt to work quickly.
By the end of the academic year 2017-2018, the faculty has educated over 5000 regular training students, approximately 1000 in-service students, more than 160 postgraduate learners. Currently, there are 288 students studying in the faculty including 166 undergraduates, 86 in-service students, 35 postgraduates and 01 PhD candidate.
+ Scientific Research and Technology Transfer
Faculty of Biology and Agricultural Engineering is one of the leading faculty in HPU2 in research and technology transfer. Being aware of the importance of scientific research and technology as a crucial element in enhancing education quality and international integration in the context of industrial revolution 4.0, the lecturers of the faculty always try to be creative and active in doing scientific research and technology transfer, especially high technology.
+ Outstanding research groups: 4 research groups
- Modern method for teaching biology Research Group.
- Plant physiology and Plant biotechnology Research Group;
- Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Engineering Research Group, BIPERG;
- Microbiology an Application Research Group.
+ Outstanding research and technology transfer results:
Lecturers and staffs of the faculty have participated in scientific projects at the state level; having been the leaders and the co-researchers in projects at ministerial level, bilateral projects, research projects of the Ministry of Education and Training (MOET), the Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST), scientific projects at the grassroots level. They have also published research results in journals, conferences, domestic and international forums and conferences; guided undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD candidate to carry out research projects. Specifically:
- Having 02 intellectual property rights for 02 national rice varieties;
- Transferring the technology of planting Anoectochilus roxburghii by tissue culture to Center for Application of Science and Technology (Lai Chau Department of Science and Technology);
- Transferring the technology for producing bacterial cellulose membrane for Hau Giang Pharmaceutical Joint Stock Company;
- Transferring the technology of planting daisy flower by tissue culture for Hanoi Floral Material JSC;
- Undertaking 04 bilateral cooperation projects;
- Participating in 22 scientific and technological projects at state level; 26 projects at ministerial level, 15 priority projects for grassroots level and implementing 40 grassroots topics;
- Publishing 376 works in the scientific journals, conferences, scientific seminars in and outside the country. Among these, 14 ones were published in prestigious international scientific journals;
- Compiling 30 publications which are textbooks, reference books and many lecturing documents for training;
- Coaching students to take part in the “Vietnam Young Talent Science Award” and Vietnam Technological Innovation Award - VIFOTEC. By 2018, there were 58 students awarded.
- Activities contributing to fundamental and comprehensive renewal of education and training
Lecturers and staffs in the faculty have been actively and qualitatively participating in activities of improving the capacity of teachers and administration staffs at general education levels, including document compiling, professional training for secondary and high school teachers, training for teachers about the educational renovation according to the plan of the Ministry of Education and Training, etc.
In addition, from the academic year 2016- 2017, the Faculty of Biology and Agricultural Engineering has organized activities for experience activity, career orientation, STEM education and summer camps for pupils of some educational institutions such as Vo Thi Sau High School, Tran Nguyen Han High School in Vinh Phuc province; Ngo Quyen High School, Ba Vi High School, Alpha school education system in Hanoi ...These activities were highly appreciated by teachers and students. In the next school years, this will continuously be improved in order to promote close relationships between the faculty and general education institutions in the process of fundamental, comprehensive, renovated education and training.
- Career prospect of students
Every year, 75% of graduated students find a job after 6 months, reaching up to 90% after 12 months, among these, 90% work in the field of trained major.
Many excellent students have been recruited by the university and become lecturers or researchers. Many skilled students have been employed by the partners of the faculty such high school institutions and research institutes as the Vietnam Academy of Science, the Institute of Agricultural Genetics, the Central Institute for Vegetables and Fruits; or production facilities such as Hanoi Floral Materials JSC, VinEco, Vingroup.
Students graduated from the faculty can work as:
Biology teachers at high schools;
Science and Technology teachers at secondary and high schools;
Teachers of experience activity, vocational teacher or local educational activist;
Lecturers at universities, institutes, college or vocational school;
Technicians and researchers at scientific institutes working in the field of Biology, Medicine, Agricultural Science, Food processing technology, Environmental Technology.